Evaluation, Treatment & Consultation
In order for language learners to progress in a meaningful way across all settings, therapy cannot be confined to the clinic or office.
Language services must be delivered by all communication partners throughout the day.
This begins with the family.
Paul provides the following services to help families foster a language-rich environment at home:
- Conduct formal speech and language evaluations using standardized tools
- Develop an evidence-based treatment plan
- Provide direct services within the home
- Coach and train the family to provide ongoing language-based interventions
- Assist the family to modify home environment to meet the child's language needs
- Conduct AAC evaluation
- Consult with additional service providers as needed
It Takes Two to Talk® Training
It Takes Two to Talk® is a training program for caregivers of children (birth to 5) with language delays.
The efficacy of the program results from the following:
- Children don't perceive the interventions as "therapy"—to them, it's play!
- Treatment is generalized in a variety of contexts.
Paul is a certified It Takes Two to Talk® trainer.
By working with individual families and groups of families on a short-term basis, Paul will teach parents to transform everyday activities into opportunities for language growth.